Tuesday, January 12, 2010

CRUEL TO BE KIND

I DON'T understand people who complain about the snow. When it's perilous outside, I voraciously leap upon the opportunity to stay indoors and challenge my mind. I'm a keen player of Trivial Pursuit and I'm rarely ever matched in a game of a charades. Over Christmas some of my friends took time out from the monotony of their lives to come over to my apartment for some wine and nibbles. I try my utmost to educate and better them at any chance I get because I simply wont have them letting me down in company( a constant worry of mine) .Obviously, the 'Pursuit' is not much of a challenge as they can't really be considered serious opponents for someone of my calibre. But I still take time out to let them have a bash and God love them they really enjoy trying.

One of my friends, and I use the word friend loosely, is a complete moron. I've suspected this for some time and I'm continuously trying to cut her loose, but to no avail. The 'dead weight' has been a "friend" for years and the others are reluctant to heed my advice. But really how were we to know the difference between right and wrong . We were so young when we met her. I suppose it wasn't until I became older and started mixing with better people that I started to realise that perhaps she wasn't the kind of person someone like me should be friends with. That might sound quite snobby, but I'm just stating the socioeconomic facts. Well as you can imagine she completely ruined the game not only was she appalling and unable to grasp the concept of charades she had the cheek to find the whole "charade" very amusing. She was positively punchable with her incessant laughing and limited vocabulary. I realised in that moment she really was the worst sort of scum I'd ever laid eyes on.

I have plenty of poor friends today who can't afford to look their best. Although I might not accept their dinner invitations (I can't stand poor quality food), it doesn't mean I don't make the effort to be nice to them. I'm not going to dump a friend because she's poorer than me if I did i probably wouldn't have many friends left! Anyway, I stuck with Chloe as much as I could but she really started to annoy me after the mockery she made of my wine and nibbles evening and although I gritted my teeth, it became difficult to resist the temptation not to sever the friendship. Especially after her flippant attitude towards charades lost my team the game.

I had to intervene and let her know that she was pretty embarrassing (in a nice way). Thankfully I haven't heard from her since so I think she pretty much got the message - Last week in a club I saw her so I had to send Darren over to tell her to leave me alone a couple of times just in case she had any ideas. But apart from that she stayed away.

I know I have defiantly helped her to become a better person because she'll do anything to get back in my company and she now knows that means cleaning up her act. Which will make everyone happier in the long run and that includes Chloe.I might just be one woman but in my own small unassuming way I make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment