Monday, May 18, 2009

Do not pass comments and do not pass go

Anyone who has ever met me will you what an inclusive and tolerant person I am. I let people of any colour or any disability sit beside me on the luas or the bus. Just the other day I let a man with Parkinsons sit down beside me.I didn't even so much as scowl when with his incessant shaking he knocked my bottle of Evian out of my hand. This is just an example of one of the selfless things I have done when faced with a less able. But in all my years not once have I heard a whisper of thanks from any of the coloureds or handicaps.

Yesterday, in my local shop, when innocently buying a carton of milk, I was accosted by the shop keeper ,Muhammad. I ask you :What sort of person comments on the appearance of an acquaintance ? Well, the answer is Muhammad, the rude ,annoying ,twat face. And before you go thinking this sounds fishily racist , let me tell you it's not because he's an ethnic. I'll have you know that two of my favorite male actors are as black as the night.These Islams can worship whichever god on whichever day they want. But they can shut their mouth when it comes my appearance.

I look stunning most days, so yes ,maybe it is more notable when I look average/ pretty but unless you're telling me I look fabulous don't you dare interrupt my day with derogatory comments. Muhammad, to be fair ,has told me I look beautiful on more than one or two occasions, in fact ,quite frequently. Yesterday I had been babysitting for my step sisters disabled child, which was extremely taxing . Incidentally the mean Jew (she married a Jew, so by rights I can say that) , well, she didn't so much as attempt to pay me. As you can imagine, I was worn out and feed up and possibly not looking my flawless self. Yet Muhammad felt the need to laugh at me saying I looked tired and different. Thank you for that Muhammad, you can barely speak English but you've managed to upset an innocent woman. Well done.

Those sort of comments are just not necessary especially after I've spent my Sunday helping a child with serious learning disabilities do their homework. Many people think Dyslexia is a faddy mental illnesses that children claim to have when they are just stupid and lazy. They are very much mistaken, I have seen first hand how Dyslexia can ruin a family. I work tirelessly with charities. I support families that have been touched by Dyslexia, in fact I'm a disabled persons wet dream.

Anywho ,I digress, back to the issue at hand. A word to the wise ,for all you comment makers ,keep your pie hole's shut if you have anything less than complimentary to say, and if you must pass remarks make sure to have the grace to speak good English.

No comments:

Post a Comment